It was a big 2011 for Netflix–a lot has been happening in the DVD, movie, and video world, but Netflix has been especially busy. Here’s a quick rundown of what Netflix has been up to–most importantly, we want to hear what you think!
- Netflix (NFLX) stock was up a nearly a whopping 50% as the year began. Despite some naysayers, Netflix was signing up customers like crazy and Wall Street listened.
- A bunch of licensing deals for content were announced with Miramax and CBS.
- Netflix increased their prices and attempted to separate their DVD and streaming business.
- Quickster was announced and abruptly killed
- The company reduced financial guidance and said it would lose money in 2012.
- The stock dropped from over $300 to about $70.
Well what do you think of Netflix not that the dust has finally settled?