Are you getting a message that says, “Netflix server returned an error“? A ton of customers using LG and Seagate FreeAgent theater get the “Netflix server returned an error” message. Usually Netflix servers return an error because your device hasn’t been upgraded, is on old software, or you have the wrong activation code that Netflix should have provided. Here’s how to solve the Netflix server error issue:
- On the home screen, press Netflix and choose “Yes” so that you can activate instant streaming.
- You’ll then get your activation code
- Go on your computer and and open a web browser
- Navigate to www.netflix.com/activate and enter the activation code there
- Press OK
- You’ll see you movie queue next and the server error should be resolved
Let us know if this worked for you! A ton of Seagate FreeAgent customers as well as Netflix on LG devices have had this issue.
Netflix made a lot of friends back in 2010 when it announced that it would offer a streaming-only plan. CEO Heed Hastings boldly proclaimed, “We are now primarily a streaming video company delivering a wide selection of TV shows and films over the Internet.”
With this move toward streaming, a ton of Netflix customers have been complaining about the quality of streaming video. Netflix streaming quality can be impacted by two key things: 1) The speed of the customer’s connection and 2) the device’s RAM and power that is running the movies. Usually in the US most homes don’t have a broadband connection–they simply have cable or DSL. Nearly no homes in the US (at least for normal people) have a T1 line. This frequently creates a less than ideal viewing scenario for customers hoping to stream Netflix without quality problems.
Here are the common video display resolutions that Netflix runs on:
480i: This is the quality you’ll get on a device like a Wii, and it also the same quality as broadcast TV and very similar to VHS.
720p: Apple TV will only give you 720p quality for Netflix.
1080p: This is the Blu-ray standard high quality image that you’ll want–it is probably too high quality to work with your internet connection though.
How can I get in touch with Netflix by phone? Getting customer support, technical assistance, or Netflix billing support is easy. You just need to call the Netflix support phone number and provide a service code to the representative.
Netflix Support Phone Number: 1-866-716-0414
Service Code: 888 000
It’s best to be on your computer and logged into your account at the time you call–that way a Netflix support agent can walk you through the process of fixing your account and getting you logged in to Netflix.
Netflix publishes their top movies that customers are ordering or streaming online. Viva crowdsourcing! We agree with Netflix customers that these movies are great. This week’s top movies for Netflix-Login.com are Crash, a great story that takes place in Los Angeles about racial tension and living in a big city, the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, a great story about a boy born old that grows young, and Blind Side, a fantastic and uplifting film about endurance and fitting in as a young boy.
- Crash: Tensions erupt when the tangled lives of a Brentwood housewife, her district attorney husband, a Persian shopkeeper, two cops, a pair of carjackers and a Korean couple converge over a 36-hour period in the diverse metropolis of post-9/11 Los Angeles. Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Don Cheadle, Matt Dillon, Thandie Newton and Terrence Howard co-star in this Oscar-winning Best Picture from writer-director Paul Haggis.
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: David Fincher directs this Oscar-nominated tale of Benjamin Button (Brad Pitt) — a man who was born old and wrinkled but grows younger as the years go by — with a screenplay adapted from a short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald. The plot throws linear conventions upside down to explore love, loss and memory from the perspective of a character living under incredibly unique — and unexpectedly difficult — circumstances. Cate Blanchett co-stars.
- The Blind Side: Oversized African American Michael Oher (Quinton Aaron), the teen from across the tracks and a broken home, has nowhere to sleep at age 16. Taken in by an affluent Memphis couple, Leigh Anne (Sandra Bullock) and Sean (Tim McGraw), Michael embarks on a remarkable rise to play for the NFL. Bullock’s performance garnered a Best Actress Oscar and Best Actress Golden Globe Award. Kathy Bates co-stars.
How does Netflix work? A lot of people are sometimes confused about what Netflix is and how it works. Netflix has over 20 million subscriber of their online movie service, but there is confusion over the two versions of Netflix.
The first version of Netflix is their online DVD rental service. This is very straightforward and easy to understand. For only about $10 bucks a month you can get as many DVDs by mail as you want. Of course you have to return the DVDs and can’t check them out until you’ve returned the last one. Netflix by mail is basically like going to a library, but they have thousands more movies and you don’t have to wait three weeks like you do at the library.
Netflix’s other business is more difficult to understand how it works. For only about $8 bucks a month you can instantly watch as many TV episodes and movies as you want from your computer, Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, or any other device like Roku. Setting up Netflix is very easy–you can just call their tech support like to better understand how to set up Netflix streaming or instant viewing. One important thing to note about Netflix streaming is that you’ll need an internet connection that is reasonably fast. If you have dial-up internet you should stick with Netflix by mail and just get the DVDs, you’ll be much happier.